PROBLEMS OF DEMOCRACY
PROBLEMS OF DEMOCRACY
The word democracy comes from the Greek "demos - δημος" (= people) and "kratos - κρατω" (= power, government). This could be translated as the government of the people.
The ancient Greeks were the founders and creators of "democracy" (about 500 BC in Athens).
Plato in his work "The Republic" says that the most important thing in man and in the city would be Justice.
He states: "Until philosophers govern as kings or kings and leaders can philosophize properly, that is, until they agree political and philosophical power, and while seeking only one of these powers, the cities will not have peace nor will the human".
Aristotle in his work "Politic" describe 9 rules for the practice of democracy:
1) Between all choose the magistratures.
2) THAT EVERYBODY LEAD ON EVERYONE AND EVERYONE (BY SHIFTS OR TURNS) ON EVERYBODY.
3) THAT ALL THE PUBLIC CHARGES (that don't require experience or technical knowledge) HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED BY RAFFLE.
4. THAT ONE SAME PERSON DOESN'T HAVE TWICE THE SAME PUBLIC CHARGE or in exceptional cases.
5. THAT A SAME PERSON OCCASES FEW PUBLIC CHARGES (except those related to defense).
6. THAT ALL THE PUBLIC CHARGES ARE OF SHORT DURATION, or at least in those that are possible.
7. That all citizens, chosen among all, do justice. And on all subjects and on the majority.
8. THAT THE ASSEMBLY OF THE PEOPLE HAVE SOVEREIGNTY FOR EVERYTHING. ANY PUBLIC CHARGES WILL HAVE SOVEREIGNTY ABOUT NOTHING or in any case on unimportant matters.
9. THAT ANY PUBLIC CHARGES CAN'T BE LIFETIME (FOR ALL LIFE) and if none is left to be removed the power and make it disposable instead of elective.
PROBLEMS OF THE
-The policy (and/or politicians) acts with reasons and interests that go against the citizens (the people).
-Political parties, Trade Unions and Parliaments seek their own benefit and not the interests of citizens or society.
-A tyranny or dictatorship of the majorities is created, what most people say will always be done.
-Existence of corporate interests (= companies, enterprise, groups). Corporatism is used in a negative sense in politics dominated by corporations and business (also called "corporocracy").
-Existence of corruption, tendency to use public goods and privileges for private interests.
-Political Parties (and politicians and leaders) not very democratic.
-Transparency issues and economic reality.
-Apathy and citizen abstention.
-System not very close and very bureaucratic, little adaptive, slow, very expensive.
-Leaders and/or politicians not honored and addicted to power (click here to see the re-election and the Hubris Sindrome) and to the money.
We recommend you read our web pages:
*On the sidewalks of illegally occupied pedestrians,
*About narcissistic and sadistic traits, and superiority and abuse relationships,
*On the mistreatment of tourists and the disabled,
*On the misconceptions and the supposed control of tourism,
*About people who practice abuse with impunity,
*Videos Voreres Estartit,